Friday, September 26, 2014

Things are looking up

As we were almost completely out of food, trace and I decided to go on a grocery run, finally, to keep our fight against this challenge going. We decided to pool our individual alottments, which were actually $23 not $22 like I said before, together. Dalyan also jumped in on this allowing us to have a total of $69 to work with. 

We journied to walmart and I have to say It was the most ecstatic I have been to go to a grocery store. With just under $70 to spend we quickly realized that we could afford a lot more than we were previously living off of. We were like kids at a candy store but instead we were grabbing cereal, milk, bananas, frozen chicken, bread and luch meets. Finally food with some substance. We even got ice cream sandwiches. Not only that but we still have $21 left to spend for Sundays food as this recent grocery run will only last us from today until Saturday night. 

With this new positive energy coming from this food, the group outlook is looking much better. Nicole made it known to me that she is not backing down. Trace and Dalyan are still remaining strong. It's looking pretty good for group huffle puff. 

The only reason that we are in this great position is because of the great budgeting and sacrifices we made during the begin it of the week. Those first three days were terrible as I recorded but because we planned on having more money for the latter half we are going to be able to survive the challenge. I almost feel like I am cheating with all this good grub we now have. 

Update on the IM soccer game:
I was very nervous that I was going to let the team down playing on an empty stomach but with the beautiful discovery of rice I was ok. I was able to come into the game with energy from a big meal of rice an soy sauce. Rice is an excellent cheap food option. 


No comments:

Post a Comment